Branch Chain Amino Acids: What Are They?
Amino acids are the building blocks of protein, and branch chain amino acids are a specific combination of Leucine, Glutamine, Isoleucine and Valine.
- BCAAs provide the basis for energy production
- BCAAs can comprise up to 1/3 muscle structure protein
- BCAAs and beneficial to many metabolic processes.
BCAAs & You!
- BCAAs are very important to muscle tissues, and they also help maintain blood sugar levels.
- BCAA supplementation can decrease muscle damage and improve recovery.
Summaries & RecommendationsBCAAs play and important role in:
- Protein synthesis
- Glucose homeostasis (level blood sugar)
- Direct regulation of muscle protein synthesis