Happy holidays and a happy new year from the Activate Body Family! As we begin a new year, it's important that we remember that we have yet another year to have a happier, healthier and more active lifestyle. That is our goal at Activate, and we will be there for you in the coming year!
From Baltimore Magazine: "With the holidays on the horizon, we can almost smell the delectable treats in our future—bring on the pumpkin pie! But along with the joy of the holidays comes the stress of party planning, gift buying, and family time, all of which might compel us to indulge ourselves a bit more than usual. We talk to Ben Supik, president and nutritionist at Activate Body in Woodberry, about how stress can affect our eating habits—and how to combat it."
Read the Rest at Baltimore Magazine
Branch Chain Amino Acids: What Are They?
Amino acids are the building blocks of protein, and branch chain amino acids are a specific combination of Leucine, Glutamine, Isoleucine and Valine.
- BCAAs provide the basis for energy production
- BCAAs can comprise up to 1/3 muscle structure protein
- BCAAs and beneficial to many metabolic processes.
BCAAs & You!
- BCAAs are very important to muscle tissues, and they also help maintain blood sugar levels.
- BCAA supplementation can decrease muscle damage and improve recovery.
Summaries & RecommendationsBCAAs play and important role in:
- Protein synthesis
- Glucose homeostasis (level blood sugar)
- Direct regulation of muscle protein synthesis